After a looooong time, I suddenly was inspired to write a post b/c I'm listening to Rush and am hearing similar things from his mouth as I heard at a Creation by Design seminar! A lady called in to talk about damaging the environment and global warming and all that junk. She was genuinely confused so Rush really took time with her to explain things and talk the truth. This included him deciding to be very personal and he told her that he believed in Creation and God and started listing off the facts like: if we were 3 feet closer or further away from the sun we'd not exist, and told her to use common sense instead of listening to the whacked-out, liberal, eco-freaks. He ranted and raved about how there was no possible way we could have made this earth and listed various things of Creation that are so intricate and so obviously designed that of course it couldn't have come about with a big bang. And it was just all so refreshing to hear!!
And now that I've finally started this post, I can go on to write out some other random things that have been going on in my life recently:
* I'm thinking about starting my own moving business. :) Not quite but if I ever do, this summer has provided me with some good experience. After the family Convention I went down to GA and helped in the process of moving the Adams. We had a yard sale, threw away or got rid of tons of things (including some things that I took off their hands for my own enjoyment!), and then boxed and packaged things and loaded the U-haul and then unloaded the U-haul, and overall, had a blast. That was all fun and then I came home (by way of visiting the Hills) and went down to RI and CT to then help Dan and Ruth. We packed up their house, cleaned it, filled the Fairwood vans and Square-bob to the gills and brought it all to Fairview and unloaded some (the rest is waiting for the current occupants of the apartment to finish moving out their stuff...and yes, I plan on helping them some when the time comes)! My goodness.... what fun I've been having! :) And since there are a number more people preparing to move in the near future, feel free to give me a call when you need help!
*The irony to the above point, is that when I got to RI, my back suddenly started spazzing out and seizing up and I hadn't even made it over to Dan and Ruth's yet!! But after being prayed for, it started to relax enough for me to do some work, but mostly my main job ended up being to keep the kids out from under everyone else's feet. :) It was quite fun since a lot of the time Michael, Timothy and I played in the stream behind the Murray's house catching water bugs and water spiders, skipping rocks, wading in the stream and having a great time all in all.
*Going back a few days, when I was out in NY, there was this great event called: Herding the goats back into their pen. It was quite entertaining although took a long time since the kids (as in: the little goats), kept hiding in the middle of this huge bush where the branches were densely packed together so that we couldn't get in but the kids still could somehow. They were busy eating the leaves in the bush and had no desire to come out and when I tried to get in to drag them out (or hit them with sticks as the case may be), I would become "Absalom-ed" in the low hanging branches or poked on every side by the very present sticks, and not be very effective at all. Anyway... this whole point it so introduce the next point which is:
*I have a huge blister-like bubble in between my big toe and the next toe over and I think it's poison ivy. I'm assuming I got it while chasing the goats around the fields. Thankfully it isn't very itchy although it gets irritated when it hits my other toe. But a little calamine lotion and some gauze helps out the situation.
*The last point for now is how dumb the state of NY is. I thought they were liberal, but if they are, they apparently don't believe in "embracing diversity." Keene, on the other hand, is doing all it can to make everyone feel welcome and accepted (which sometimes angers me as well, but that's not what I'm writing about now). Let me explain. While out in NY, I went shopping with the older girls to find sports posters for Ben's new room decoration. We went to a sports store and asked if they had any Red Sox posters. Of course, those whacked-out liberals couldn't bring themselves to embrace diversity and therefore had NOTHING Red Sox ANYWHERE in it's store. Now, if you go to Olympia sports next to Wal-mart in Keene, you will find both Red Sox and Yankees memorabilia: posters, hats, jerseys, you name it. Keene is there to provide the whacked-out liberals a chance to buy their Yankee items and, since NH is so awesome, I wouldn't wonder at the NY people coming to buy things at Keene because we don't have a sales tax! What a great state I live in! Along with this Red Sox point, I enjoyed wearing my World Series Champions shirt that day I went shopping and periodically reminding the atmosphere in various places where we went that "The Red Sox are World Series Champions!" And when I saw a man proudly wearing his Red Sox hat, we became instant friends!
And before I go, here is a quote from Rush when he was talking about cutting down trees: "Beautiful things happen when you cut down a tree: you get baseball bats and houses!"
And now that I've finally started this post, I can go on to write out some other random things that have been going on in my life recently:
* I'm thinking about starting my own moving business. :) Not quite but if I ever do, this summer has provided me with some good experience. After the family Convention I went down to GA and helped in the process of moving the Adams. We had a yard sale, threw away or got rid of tons of things (including some things that I took off their hands for my own enjoyment!), and then boxed and packaged things and loaded the U-haul and then unloaded the U-haul, and overall, had a blast. That was all fun and then I came home (by way of visiting the Hills) and went down to RI and CT to then help Dan and Ruth. We packed up their house, cleaned it, filled the Fairwood vans and Square-bob to the gills and brought it all to Fairview and unloaded some (the rest is waiting for the current occupants of the apartment to finish moving out their stuff...and yes, I plan on helping them some when the time comes)! My goodness.... what fun I've been having! :) And since there are a number more people preparing to move in the near future, feel free to give me a call when you need help!
*The irony to the above point, is that when I got to RI, my back suddenly started spazzing out and seizing up and I hadn't even made it over to Dan and Ruth's yet!! But after being prayed for, it started to relax enough for me to do some work, but mostly my main job ended up being to keep the kids out from under everyone else's feet. :) It was quite fun since a lot of the time Michael, Timothy and I played in the stream behind the Murray's house catching water bugs and water spiders, skipping rocks, wading in the stream and having a great time all in all.
*Going back a few days, when I was out in NY, there was this great event called: Herding the goats back into their pen. It was quite entertaining although took a long time since the kids (as in: the little goats), kept hiding in the middle of this huge bush where the branches were densely packed together so that we couldn't get in but the kids still could somehow. They were busy eating the leaves in the bush and had no desire to come out and when I tried to get in to drag them out (or hit them with sticks as the case may be), I would become "Absalom-ed" in the low hanging branches or poked on every side by the very present sticks, and not be very effective at all. Anyway... this whole point it so introduce the next point which is:
*I have a huge blister-like bubble in between my big toe and the next toe over and I think it's poison ivy. I'm assuming I got it while chasing the goats around the fields. Thankfully it isn't very itchy although it gets irritated when it hits my other toe. But a little calamine lotion and some gauze helps out the situation.
*The last point for now is how dumb the state of NY is. I thought they were liberal, but if they are, they apparently don't believe in "embracing diversity." Keene, on the other hand, is doing all it can to make everyone feel welcome and accepted (which sometimes angers me as well, but that's not what I'm writing about now). Let me explain. While out in NY, I went shopping with the older girls to find sports posters for Ben's new room decoration. We went to a sports store and asked if they had any Red Sox posters. Of course, those whacked-out liberals couldn't bring themselves to embrace diversity and therefore had NOTHING Red Sox ANYWHERE in it's store. Now, if you go to Olympia sports next to Wal-mart in Keene, you will find both Red Sox and Yankees memorabilia: posters, hats, jerseys, you name it. Keene is there to provide the whacked-out liberals a chance to buy their Yankee items and, since NH is so awesome, I wouldn't wonder at the NY people coming to buy things at Keene because we don't have a sales tax! What a great state I live in! Along with this Red Sox point, I enjoyed wearing my World Series Champions shirt that day I went shopping and periodically reminding the atmosphere in various places where we went that "The Red Sox are World Series Champions!" And when I saw a man proudly wearing his Red Sox hat, we became instant friends!
And before I go, here is a quote from Rush when he was talking about cutting down trees: "Beautiful things happen when you cut down a tree: you get baseball bats and houses!"
5 comments:
Hmmm.... I will put you on my list of helpers when the time comes!
Sounds like you are very experienced!
Now that was a post! And see, liberals DO have goood points to them :) But I guess that is really stretching, at least for me...
Hee hee hee - Great post, KJ! It made me happy! Rush is so funny. And you are so funny. Hm, two peas in a pod. Hurrah for baseball bats!
Grrr, Derrick beat me by a minute...
:-)
Post a Comment