First: Let me give some back ground to this statement: I was in
such a hurry to empty my Bible school room that I just dumped it all into
my at home room in such a precarious and disturbing way that I could not
live in my room. Thankfully, Andrea's isn't home for the summer yet so I
lived in her room for the first two weeks.
Second: The third day into work this summer, I had another round
of my recurring weird sickness when I randomly throw up every few months
and then after sleeping for a few hours, I'm usually fine again.
Thankfully, I woke up with my upset stomach and threw up shortly after
calling in sick, instead of having to deal with it at work.... So
anyway, I drank some ginger ale to quiet my troubled innards. How
lovely.
Third: Melissa came to spend the night at my house the other
night on her way home from FL. Instead of putting her in my disturbing
room I cleared my stuff out of Andrea's room and put her up
there(although... it is WAY better now in my own room... like I can
actually sleep in my bed now, which was before the resting spot of two
suitcases which didn't have any other place to be put earlier). The next
day I was looking for something for Melissa in her back pack and a couple
of ants crawled out. Ew. gross. She informed me that they were everywhere
in Andrea's room. Ahhhh
Finally: Today I went up to my room and remembered the ants. Sure
enough... they were everywhere in my room. My room, you say? Yes, my
room. So if they were everywhere in my room, what about Andrea's room.
Well, I went to investigate. There were a few scurrying across the rug,
which I quickly ground into the rug. Then I saw the ginger ale can. Ah
HA! But no, there wasn't a huge line of ants crawling to and fro on the
can. In fact, I didn't see any. Well, I must have beat them to it. I'll
dump it out anyway before they discover it. Off I go to the bathroom and
begin dumping out the left over, flat ginger ale. As I near the end, out
begins to pour ants. Dead ants who had fallen in the ginger ale, live
ants who must have been clinging to the inside of the can, and ants in
between those two stages. AHHHHhhhh! I quickly filled the can with water
and dumped it out again. Another huge host of ants came out. Over and
over again I did it and yet they kept coming! There must have been 100
ants I flooded down the drain. I finally just left the can filled to the
brim with water in the sink.
So THAT's what explains it.
Other enjoyable tid bits about ants. What about the ones in my
room? I found a bag left over from Dunkin Donuts which I thought only
had napkins left in it, but apparently it also had crumbs. There was
another host of ants in the bag, so I quickly folded it up tight and
began eagerly squishing every black dot dot I could find moving about in
the bag. And yet, there are still tons of ant crawling all over my rug,
seeking shelter under everything lying on the rug. So as I've been typing
out this story, I've had to stop numerous times (I wish I thought to
count how many times... my guesstimate is: 20 times) to grind another ant
into the rug with my handy sandal which I've kept nearby for that express
purpose! I also keep imagining ants crawling all over me which is most
obnoxious.
I think I'll go get the vacuum cleaner..... whahahaha
8 comments:
At least they were not fire ants! But, that was so nice of you to give them such good things to eat! Not everybody gets Dunkin Donuts
Ai yai yai!
That rivals my cockroach adventures!
man, what a pain. I hate ants...
Ew! But such adventure!
Ruth, my landlady, didn't allow me to eat in my room since the ants would invade. But I did anyway on a few occasions and never saw any. Lucky me!
GRRRROOOOSSSSSSSS!!!!
I'm glad you got to the bottom of it (the soda can and the problem... oh the cleverness...). I'm glad they weren't spontaneously generating in my backpack.
I had no idea to what great lengths you went to give me a comfy place to sleep! Thanks again!
lis, cockroach stories?? i've have to find out about those! Kimberly, i feel your pain. I've felt like i've been living in 2 rooms too and they are both a mess. I was trying to clean it up, like you did, for Marie when she stayed here. Oy!
YOU FILLED MY ROOM WITH ANTS?!?!?!?!
Post a Comment