AUNT HELEN!
I didn't have a card, and even if I made one, it wouldn't arrive at her house in time, even though she's only half an hour away. I thought about emailing, but I didn't have their address and I was going to call someone to get it but then I remembered my dear aunt was a faithful blog reader (sometimes at the dinner table we discuss various goings-on you all write about on your blogs so be forewarned). Therefore, I decided to send her a Birthday Blog!
I like Aunt Helen. She has such a great sense of humor! I've enjoyed it at Family Christmases and Reunions, but now that I get to live part-time with her, I enjoy it even more. We got to watch the Office together when I was on a break at their home this fall, and we both were cracking up together (Uncle Joe was sitting silently with a blank look on his face... the Office isn't for everyone I guess). And we enjoy laughter together over Uncle Joe's stories and adventures that he regales us with in Sabbath meeting or at the dinner table. I enjoy laughter to myself as I watch them interact: whether it's her response to a random plant he picked out for her garden, or her reaction to the gun shot in the woods which indicated he had success on his hunting foray. Yet, with all this frivolity, there is also the spiritual side that I appreciate: the testimony of faith for God's peace in a difficult experience, the piano playing before church, the discussions of the sermon over lunch. :) And speaking of piano playing, sometimes we play duets together which is great fun too!
So...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR AUNT HELEN!
Thank you for opening your home to me and for being such a great aunt and a growing friend! I love you and trust God will bless this next year as well!
10 comments:
Thanks so much! i appreciate all your words of affirmation and love you too! Aunt Helen
Well since she reads blogs,
Happy birthday from me as well. Hope you have a blessed year down in warm sunny florida.
AMEN! Happy Birthday, Aunt Helen! I am certainly another fan... One thing I especially love about you is your sense of humor. I love making you laugh!
Yay! Happy birthday to you "aunt" Helen!! Hope all the kids behaved for you today.
Three huzzahs for Aunt Helen! I LOVE her! Her laugh is one of the most infectious I know.
p.s. I totally cracked up at the Office story... it reminded me of Andrew's underappreciated Deep Thoughts in Fellowship Meeting. :)
Happy Birthday from me too!!
Happy Belated Birthday from me too!!! I'm glad you are in Florida. See you soon. Love, Carolyn
Me too! Happy birthday to a quality lady!
"Aunt Helen" is always so tastefully dressed that I think of her in connection with the "clothed in scarlet" part of Proverbs 31. :O)
Happy day after your Birthday, Aunt Helen! Amen to all of the above, and here's more words of affirmation and admiration coming your way.
You are a wonderful example to me of a life laid down in quiet service to Jesus, no matter what it costs to you personally. Thank you. I have deep respect for you.
Lots of love,
Gretchen
MRS. BROWN! I'm so sorry I missed this post on the anniversary of your birth. I LIKE YOU TOO! I'm glad I know you. One of my ambitions is to be like you when I grow up. I love your laugh. Hope you have a wonderful year.
Post a Comment