Friday, January 12, 2007

Oswald Chambers

"Faith is unutterable trust in God,
trust which never dreams that He will not stand by us. "

"Sacrifice... is the exuberant passionate love-gift of the best I have
to the one I love best."

"Love is not measured by what it gets but by what it costs."

"Faith does not deny death, ... faith is not insensible to sorrow."

"Praising God is the ultimate end and aim of all we go through."

"God alters the inevitable when we get in touch with Him."

"Whatever happens, happens by God's permission."

"God does not tell us what He is going to do, He reveals to you who He is."

2 comments:

drewey fern said...

Oh my word, KJ! I just read that first quote in my O.Chambers Bible a couple of days ago, and loved it! It was actually kind of weird, because I just skimmed it really quickly and then closed the book. But then it just stuck in my head, and it really blessed me! It was like the Holy Spirit saw how quickly I'd skimmed over it and said, "No, I mean it," and made it stick. Good ol' Oswald!

Watch out though. Last time there was an Oswald Chambers post, the blogger never posted on that blog again! Ahhhhhh!

:)

KJ said...

Hehe... true Fern. It almost tempts me to go for a looooong time without posting, but I have something to post about so I guess not. :)