Wednesday, March 21, 2007

One Hundredth Post

*Trumpet Fanfare*
This is my 100th post! How appropriate that it will be a testimony of God's goodness!

Praise the Lord!
Spring break was great. The first few days was a real break (although busy with sledding with nephews, snowball wars with the guys, going to Bible school again, spring cleaning the dining hall, staying up late with friends, playing volleyball, visiting Elizabeth's college...) and then came the Feast of Passover. Since I didn't get a chance to testify before leaving, I thought I'd write out a testimony here about what I got from the Feast.

I was very blessed and inspired by the opening meeting by Uncle Dave. I was able to sing out the Truth in song to needy people on my heart, and believe God to make the difference in their lives through the Blood of Jesus that speaks Better things!
I was also encouraged by hearing other people's testimonies both that first night and then in the 9:00 meeting as well.
The message of the Blood of Jesus speaking so many different aspects was refreshing and edifying.
The meeting on Israel blessed me mostly I think because I had just been dealing with opposite view points at college and it was refreshing to hear the Truth and to get my vision renewed for God's Big Picture! And the 2 1/2 hour prayer meeting was wonderful. I enjoyed it very much and it didn't seem that long at all. I was looking forward to working with God in that way and was thankful for the work that was accomplished through Faith!
The Sabbath meeting was restful and relaxing. And the snow storm was fun (although I didn't care much for the cold)
Sunday 10:30 was good even the second time around (U. Joe being my pastor, I had heard parts of the sermon previous Sundays)! I think that is the biggest thing that has been such a strength to me, is the POWER in the BLOOD of JESUS! I feel equipped anew and able to be affective!
I also enjoyed the fellowship with friends and family. The special music was beautiful. The sports were fun. The food was good.... It was SO good to be HOME! :)

But now I'm back at college and thankfully it's going well. The weather is gorgeous! :) And there seems like I thought of some other things to post about, but I can't remember now. I'll leave with you with an amazing insight and thought that I got from my Educational Technology class, of all places.

We were talking about the speed of light today and how it affects time. Light travels at 300,000 km/sec. The closer you get to that rate, the slower time is. So we used Excel to compare different data. We found that if you could travel at 200,000 km/sec for half an hour away from the world and then half an hour to get back, your clock would be almost 20 minutes behind the clocks on earth. Then we experimented and the closer we got to the speed of light, the more drastic the differences were. For example if you were to travel for one year (6 months away from earth and 6 months to return) at 299,999 km/sec, when you returned you would have missed close to 4 centuries! Mind-boggling, what? But THEN, our teacher said, that if it were possible to travel at the speed of light, then Time would stop. You would be outside of time. Then one of my friends turned to another friend and said, "God is Light!" Isn't that such an amazing thought? And then the teacher pointed out that if you are outside of time, then you can be everywhere at once. Sound familiar? God is outside of time and therefore, not held to time, consequently He is everywhere! I was so amazed by the end result of the class and was happy to talk about it afterwards with some girls and just be in awe together! It also made me think of a thousand years being but a day with God :)

And very randomly enough, while I was typing this, a friend from high school started IM-ing me! Wow... what a blast from the past :)

8 comments:

Aaron said...

Congratulations on your hundredth post! Amen to your testimony! And wow to the speed-of-light thing! :)

Aaron said...

I know it's not generally considered polite to correct other people's English (SORRY!!!!), but your use of "affective" made me laugh: "I felt equipped anew and able to be emotional!" :D

lis said...

WOW!

That is a really fascinating thought!

And I was just wishing aloud today that I could be outside space and time. Now I know how.

But I think going to heaven is a little more practical method. :O)

KJ said...

Haha... Aaron... the annoying thing is that I actually stopped to think about which word it was supposed to be... effect? or affect? and apparently I was slightly confused :)

Booker said...

congrats!

drewey fern said...

Great post KJ - great testimony! And I'm glad things are going well as you get back into the groove...

Brenda Jo said...

My faith gets it, but my head sure doesn't.

Claire said...

Thanks, KJ...It's great to hear specific reports from the Feast since I wasn't able to go...

Love you!