True to my prediction, I thought of two interesting things to put on my blog today while I was at school. Unfortunately, on my way home I realized that I had forgotten one of them. Oh well, neither of them are that remarkable, but I'll share the one of which I wish I had a better snap shot.
I think they were 2nd graders who were playing basketball at "recess" (which is no longer called that.... it's "Teacher Directed PE"). There was one tall girl and three small boys playing at a hoop that was probably 5 feet high (maybe 5.5'). The one girl was obviously a huge basketball fan and was doing very well at imitating someone who knew what to do. I should have gotten her name because she looked like she would be a future WNBA player! Anyway, the three little boys seemed to be enjoying themselves, all running around and into each other in attempts to grab the ball, while the tall girl waited by the basket for something to happen and occasionally gave instructions to the boys. But my happy moment was when one of the little boys jumped up to deflect the ball from going in the hoop, but because he was directly under the hoop, his hand went up into the net and knocked the ball down that way. The girl piped up with an accusatory: "Goal tending!" Say wha...? A second grade girl knows about "goal tending?" I was amused to hear it coming from her when most of my girl friends have no clue what that is.
So I enjoyed watching the kids playing basketball - they were more entertaining than my fifth graders who hung out looking "cool" on the playground jungle gym. (To be fair to the 5th graders, they actually do play tag and have fun most of the time and don't stress out too much about being "cool." I like them too.... :)
2 comments:
That is AWESOME!!! I love that. She must have a Daddy who's a big sports fan... Cute cute cute. Esp when I think of the 2nd graders at my school. Hahahaha. Awesome:)
Haha! Love it!
Post a Comment