Well, I guess I'll share my great saga of the black bag (drum roll please).
I went on this lovely trip to Cape Cod with some friends recently and on my way home I had so much luggage that I didn't at first notice my missing black bag until too late. So I gave Bria a call and we decided that she could put it in the Fairwood van over at Chestnut Hill that Shawn would be driving home on Tuesday. Well, SVP got home and I asked him if there was a black bag with him. Nope... oops, I told Bria that he wouldn't be coming back until the evening but lo, he was early and left before she could deliver the black bag. Oh well... not that killing... I could live without my lap top cord for a week.
So we chose our second plan of action. Derrick would be coming over for Church. He was set to pick up the black bag at work and bring it over to me safe and sound. Well, Sunday I checked with Wesley first and he prepared me for the bad news so that when Derrick got up the nerve to break the news, I was prepared and did a little shadow boxing at him and then found it in my heart to forgive his forgetfulness.
Then Mom and Dad decided to fly to FL for a week leaving from the Manchester airport (alrighty... not so much detail here! It's turning into a pretty good speech though, huh Melissa?) Clyde was bringing their car home so I called him and arranged for him to drop by his cousins and pick up my black bag. Well, apparently they weren't there but left the message that it was "the black bag by the door." So Clyde dutifully brought it home! Hurray, right? WRONG! I guess there were two black bags or else two doors. Anyway, instead of my black bag, I got Earl's laptop in it's black bag. HAHAHAHA I just couldn't believe it and decided I might as well laugh as cry! (Actually, I really was finding the whole saga pretty amuzing most of the time)
So this afternoon, I walked into the Front Hall and BEHOLD! My black bag was on the desk. I still don't know how it arrived but I think my kind friend who went to all that trouble to deliver it to me! And I hope Earl doesn't need his lap top until I can take it over at Bria's graduation on Saturday. As long as I can remember it..... :)
4 comments:
an EXCELLENT speech, Kim. I have taught you well. Oh the DRAMA!! I'm glad it all worked out in the wash, as it were. My favorite parts were the sneaky color changes for emphasis, and the shadow-KO-ing of Derrick. I could picture it with glee and it made me miss you all the more.
I'm glad you can laugh about that infamous black bag. I think Murphy's Law must have come into play somewhere along the way.
Uncle Neil, Aunt Elaine, and Kayla were the deliverers of the black bag.
My dad can live without his black bag until Saturday. Just don't give it to Shawn, Derrick, or Clyde...
Yes, it was I that conquered the bitter curse that was laid upon the black bag. You can kiss my feet if you want.:D
ahhahaha. That was great! and knowing the rest of the story, made my part so much more funny[to me anyway]...
Post a Comment